Thursday, January 23, 2014

Yogalicious!

I went to yoga tonight, after aqua zumba.   This yoga class is more of a stress reducer and meditation, stretching than it is hard core difficult poses.   My new favorite person is my teacher for both classes, Maria Williams.  She is very talented and a skilled instructor.    Despite her gentle and simple instructions, I found myself feeling sore and achy.  Tonight, I am more achy and I am thinking that there is more to this yoga than meets the eye.   I am very cautious about what I do and always elect the less strenuous option, but nonetheless, it is stretching some things I didn't know I had.   One simple thing I find difficult is sitting on my heels, kneeling with my weight on my lower legs.   My knees are proclaiming, "What in the hell are you thinking?".   I think one of the best parts is her emphasis on breathing.  She is very focused on taking control of the breathing.   She says, "Control your breath and then control your mind."   I am hoping my body will cooperate.

On a lighter note, I got a call from my Mother tonight proclaiming, "I am at a party! Can't you hear the music?"   She had walked down to the Community Hall and they were having a party. She really enjoyed herself.  Apparently she went alone and brought her bottle of wine that I had left from my last trip. She said that she heard it was BYOB.    She was having a great time and thank God some of her friends had her under their wing.   (Don't tell her you read that on here.  I will never hear the end of it).   She is always full of surprises.    

Did I tell you Rusty and I won at trivia last night?  

I also had lunch with two of my favorite people and went by my old office today. I had to check on some things and drop off some movies.    I hope everyone stays warm.   I am looking at the temperatures up north and I see my New York family is in hibernation.    Eskimo kiss anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment