Saturday, January 25, 2014

Sometimes I just don't want to sleep.

I have never been a morning person.  I always have a hard time waking.   I am so relieved that I don't have to get up early anymore.   Ironically, I still wake up about the same time.   I am often tired, and typically don't get more than seven hours or so of sleep.    Thankfully, I sleep well.   I have learned that I can't drink any caffiene after 5 pm or I will not sleep that night.  I like to stay up and read, or find small projects to do.   Sometimes I listen to music.   Sometimes I knit or watch tv.    I just enjoy that time of the day.   It is usually quiet and I feel calmer.    Tonight is a good example.   It is 3 am and I am posting a blog entry.

I think part of it is loneliness.   I think part of it is just my internal clock.   I don't want to miss anything.   I don't want to miss an opportunity.  I used to think that when I worked it took that long to wind down and to have time for myself.   I am not sure if that is the reason or not.

I am tired at last, and my bed is straightened.    I think I will take a quick hot shower and go to sleep.  I have to take Hoosier tomorrow to get his shots and to get fixed.   Shhhhhh, don't tell him he is about to loose his balls in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment